- Views 227
In October we were pleased to announce a call for papers for the upcoming Special Issue on the microbiome.
The issue will curate the outstanding research in the field of mechanistic microbiome research and is being overseen by eLife Senior Editor Wendy Garrett, Professor of Immunology and Infectious Diseases at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health. Wendy is joined by the following Guest Editors:
- Lora Hooper, Professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Centre;
- Rob Knight, Professor at the University of California, San Diego;
- Ruth Ley, Director of the Department of Microbiome Science at the Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology in Tübingen;
- Peter Turnbaugh, Assistant Professor at the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco;
We are also delighted to be assisted by the following Guest Editors:
- Rachel Dutton, Assistant Professor at the University of California, San Diego;
- Xochitl Morgan, Senior Lecturer at the University of Otago.
We continue to welcome highly influential research relating to metagenomics, microbiota, and computational tools, and we particularly encourage submissions that provide mechanistic insight into microbiome function.
Authors interested in being part of the Special Issue can submit their manuscripts via eLife’s submission system, highlighting in the cover letter that the paper is for consideration in this collection.
Papers will be published online when they are accepted and will continue to be considered for the Special Issue until April 1, 2018.