Closing date for applications is September 9, 2019.
We are seeking an Editorial Assistant to support the Executive Editor in delivering an unparalleled editorial process and author experience.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Great communication skills (spoken and written)
- Strong organisational skills
- An excellent eye for detail
- A desire to learn about scholarly journals publishing
- A degree-level qualification is highly desirable but not essential
- In the absence of a degree-level qualification, work experience should demonstrate the attributes above and an appropriate level of maturity
- Candidates should be creative, flexible, and willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Support authors during submission
- Conduct quality checks on submissions
- Provide proactive support for authors, editors, and reviewers throughout the editorial process
- Update and check the website
- Generate and monitor journal performance metrics
- Oversee administration of the submission system/database
- Provide broader support for other members of the team
The post is a permanent position, 37.5 hours per week, and offers a competitive basic salary and benefits. The post holder will be required to work at the eLife office in Cambridge (UK), and applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for the vacancy.
We are a well-supported, not for profit, mission-driven organisation. We have a deeply open culture, and ideas are welcome from across the company, so you’ll get the chance to really make a difference. We offer:
- The chance to join a passionate and motivated team
- A great environment for your personal and professional development
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- An open, communicative and inspiring working environment
- A newly refurbished and employee designed modern office near the centre of Cambridge
- Covered cycle parking, shower facilities, informal working or relaxation areas, free fresh fruit, a fancy coffee machine and snacks in the kitchen
- A sociable and friendly team with interesting social events
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Company pension scheme
Please send a covering letter explaining why you are a strong candidate and your CV to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Monday, 9 September 2019 at 5pm (GMT).