Closing date for applications is January 25, 2021.
You will have responsibility for delivering an unparalleled publishing process and author experience. This is a terrific entry-level opportunity to gain experience in scientific publishing and to be involved in a ground-breaking initiative.
The ideal candidate should have:
· Great communication skills (spoken and written)
· Strong organisational skills
· An excellent eye for detail
· A desire to learn about scholarly journals publishing
· Ability and confidence with MS office packages and GSuite
· Self-motivation, a willingness to listen and learn and to take on responsibility
· A degree-level qualification is highly desirable but not essential
· In the absence of a degree-level qualification, work experience should demonstrate the attributes above and an appropriate level of maturity
· Candidates should be creative, flexible, and willing to take on a variety of tasks
· Support authors during the publication process
· Conduct quality checks on articles after they are accepted for publication
· Update and check the website
· Generate and monitor journal and process performance metrics
· Oversee administration of the author proofing system
· Oversee and support our outsourced production vendor
· Provide broader support for other members of the eLife team
The post is a permanent position, 37.5 hours per week, and offers a competitive basic salary of £25,000 pa and benefits. The eLife office is based in Cambridge but we will consider candidates wishing to work on a remote basis even once the offices re-open. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for the vacancy.
We are a well-supported, not for profit, mission-driven organisation. We have a deeply open culture, and ideas are welcome from across the company, so you’ll get the chance to really make a difference.
• The chance to join a passionate and motivated team
• A great environment for your personal and professional development
• 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
• An open, communicative and inspiring working environment
• A newly refurbished and employee designed modern office near the centre of Cambridge, with covered cycle parking, shower facilities, informal working or relaxation areas, free fresh fruit, a fancy coffee machine and snacks in the kitchen
• Equipment and support to set up a home office environment
• A sociable and friendly team with interesting social events
• A flexible approach to working hours
• Company pension scheme
Please send a covering letter explaining your enthusiasm for this position and why you are a great person for this role to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 25th January 2021 at 5pm (GMT). Interviews will be arranged remotely via GoogleMeet or Zoom video-call.
eLife is committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Reference ID: PA/2021-01
No agencies please.