Closing date for applications is February 17, 2023.
The Community Engagement Assistant will support eLife Communities team’s programmes by providing general and specific administrative support. Your contribution in this role will help our Community Managers focus on refining and delivering outstanding frontline engagement with the wider research community and ensuring eLife is showing the way to fairer and more equitable scholarly communication.
The candidate should have some experience in admin, planning and web CMS use, as well as a willingness to learn and the passion for adapting. Their support will be a backbone for the Communities team to continue producing engaging programmes for our various stakeholders.
eLife is also serious about diversity and inclusion. We’re building a team whose diversity of perspective and experience, and whose respect for one another, make us stronger. For this role, we particularly encourage applications from women and non-binary individuals, disabled candidates and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, as these groups remain underrepresented throughout the technology and publishing industry.
If you have any need for specific support to make an application or to have an informal discussion about the role, please enquire via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be independently motivated, flexible, responsive and willing to take on a variety of tasks. In addition, the ideal candidate should have:
- Some understanding of or experience in a community engagement setting, including as a volunteer or intern
- Administrative skills and/or willingness to learn
- Ability to manage own work
- Organisational skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously
- Good IT skills, including using MacOS, Google Suite and MS Office
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team but take responsibility and to use own initiative when necessary
- Setting up events/activities for the Communities team
- Identify and help to plan internal events to ensure our staff are aware of and represent the vision of eLife, especially on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Provide logistical support to our different communities, including our Early-Career Advisory Group and the eLife Community Ambassadors
- Provide administrative service for contracts, records, community webpages and alumni
- Be the point of contact for the Communities team and triage requests to the right team member
- Other ad-hoc duties as may be assigned from time to time within your skills
The post is a 1-year full-time fixed-term contract position, 37.5 hours per week, and offers a salary of £25,000 plus benefits.
The eLife office is based in Cambridge, but we will consider candidates wishing to work on a remote or hybrid basis. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for the vacancy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our workplace and we actively encourage applications from groups that are underrepresented throughout the industry.
We are a well-supported, not-for-profit, mission-driven organisation. We have a deeply open and inclusive culture, and ideas are welcome from across the company, so you’ll get the chance to really make a difference. The size of the team means you’ll be able to get involved in many aspects of marketing, innovation and scholarly publishing.
We also offer:
- A flexible approach to working hours and remote working
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Two days in every six months dedicated to your personal development
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Company pension scheme
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining your enthusiasm for this position and why you are a great person for this role to email@example.com. If you get stuck on what to write then here are some suggestions:
- Why you would like to join eLife.
- Where you found us (a job ad, on Twitter, LinkedIn, meeting one of us).
- Any blogs and email groups you read or would recommend.
- Any communities and events you attend or are involved with.
- Any books you’ve read recently that stood out.
- Links to Twitter/LinkedIn/personal websites/blogs that you’d like us to read.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 17th February 2023, at 5pm (BST). Applications will be reviewed when they are received, so no need to wait until the closing date is approaching. Interviews will take place mid February, in person at our Cambridge office or remotely via GoogleMeet or Zoom video call.
Reference ID: CEA/2023-01